Top Camera 2 – HDR, Slow Shutter, Night and more – Photo Video Editor and Filters
Despite the fact that photos taken with iPhone can’t be of the same quality as photos taken with DLSR camera, I assume that most apple fans aren’t professional photographers and don’t carry a big camera on a daily basis. Photos can be improved a lot using some of third party camera applications with manual settings and Top Camera 2 can be a good choice for that.
In fact, this camera app is on our list of favorite camera apps that can be found in our Bundles section.
Once you pick the object you want to capture, use some of the following adjustments:
Focus or exposure box by simple tap and hold to lock,
Manual focus and exposure using sliders,
Use pinch gesture to zoom in or zoom out,
Our advice is to use volume button for shutter instead of screen button.
Taken pictures will look much sharper because of stability you can provide using this method.
There are ISO settings missing, but according to the developer they decided to remove unnecessary settings. So, ISO is always set to AUTO mode. I don’t think that this feature is a big lack for most users.
For videos you can use one of 3 video modes: Simple Video with Pause (30 or 60fps), Slow Motion or Time Lapse.
Photos and Videos editing
Enhance snapped photos (and videos too) using some of 64 Hollywood quality color-correction filters divided into 8 groups: Cinema, Effects, Vintage, Antique, Pastel, Split/Tone, Monotone.
Additionally, you may use 9 more adjustments to make corrections for Exposure, Contrast, Saturation, Temperature, Vibrance, Sharpen/Blur, Shadows, Highlights, Straighten.
But, try not to ruin the captured photos overusing the filters. Keep your eye on live preview and stay reserved. Remember, less is more!
You don’t have to use every single of the offered effects for good results.
Once editing is finished, you can save photo or video as copy of the original or overwrite it.
Another suggestion is to keep both versions of the photo and grab a second chance for later editing if it’s necessary.
Overall, Top Camera 2 is a solid camera app despite its lack of manual ISO settings.
Probably the most attractive part of the TopCamera 2 is the number of high quality filters for photo editing. The price of 4.99$ might look high at the first. But, considering the fact that in other similar apps you have to purchase additional filters or shooting modes, this is actually a fair price tag for a full featured app.
Top Camera 2 - HDR, Slow ...
by Lucky Clan
Top Camera 2 - HDR, Slow ...
Top Camera is back! Here is the 2nd version of award winning photo/video camera/editor app for iOS. What’s changed? Just everything. Here is the most advanced photo/video camera with unified photo/video editor.
- we removed all unnecessary settings, Camera module has just modes, some modes has 2-3 submodes.
- all photos/videos captured by the app are stored in system Photo Library.
- the editor works directly on items from Photo Library as well - no need to import/export to edit.
- 5 photo modes: Photo (normal and square), HDR, Slow Shutter, Night Photo, Superfast Burst
- 3 video modes: Simple Video with Pause (30 or 60fps), Slow Motion, Time Lapse
- focus box, exposure box (tap-and-hold to lock)
- manual focus/exposure slider
- zoom (by pinch gesture or slider)
- Volume button shutter
- Self Timer
- Virtual Horizon - a visual leveling bar to keep your images straight.
- unified Photo/Video editor - all filters/adjustments can be applied to both Photos and Videos
- 9 Adjustments: Exposure, Contrast, Saturation, Temperature, Vibrance, Sharpen/Blur, Shadows, Highlights, Straighten
- 64 Hollywood quality color-correction filters divided into 8 groups: Cinema, Effects, Vintage, Antique, Pastel, Split/Tone, Monotone
- Adjust filter strength
- Realtime preview
- Drag left/right to scrub through videos
- Tap-and-hold on thumbnail to delete
- Save result as a new clip
- Or Overwrite current one - you can later revert to original version from this app system Photos app
- Photo Extension support
Click the Gallery for more game screens or the Info for additional information about Top Camera 2.