Get the latest, breaking news from all over the world. This is our selection of the most relevant news apps you can find on the AppStore.
by A Medium Corporation
At Medium, we are creating a network for writing that enables people to make an impression on others. To make them think or change their minds. To teach them something or connect emotionally. Where the quality of the idea matters, not the author’s qualifications. A place where conversation pushes ideas forward and words still matter.
Read: The best reads tailored just for you. You'll find a curated blend of human and algorithmically curated stories ensures you always have something to dive into.
Write: Switch from your phone to your tablet to your computer, seamlessly. Write wherever inspiration strikes.
React: Highlight a particular passage that speaks to you, or recommend it to your followers. Join the conversation by writing your own response to a story that moved you.
Questions? Feedback? To get help. visit https://help.medium.com
Pocket: Save Articles and...
by Read It Later, Inc
Pocket: Save Articles and...
Pocket is your place to quickly save, discover, and recommend the stories that interest you.
SAVE FOR LATER:
The next time you find an article, video or link you want to read or watch later, just save it to Pocket. It’ll sync across your phone, tablet, and computer so you can come back to it whenever and wherever you’d like, even when you’re offline.
You can save to Pocket from pretty much anywhere, including your computer, Safari, email, and your favorite apps like Facebook, Twitter, Flipboard, and Feedly.
BEAUTIFUL READING EXPERIENCE:
Read and watch everything in Pocket in a clean, easy-to-view layout that’s free of distractions. You can customize Pocket to match your reading style.
DISCOVER STORIES YOU’LL LOVE:
Quickly discover new stories you’ll love with personalized recommendations hand-picked by Pocket and the people you follow.
RECOMMEND THE BEST OF YOUR POCKET:
Recommend the most interesting stories you’re reading and watching in Pocket to your friends and followers.
• Unlimited storage
• Tags to quickly get organized
• Listen to your articles with Text-to-Speech
• Save with one click using Pocket’s desktop browser extensions for Safari, Chrome, and Firefox
“Stop emailing yourself links and just install Pocket.” - The Verge
“Pocket makes subway reading possible. No longer do your lingering Safari pages refresh mid-commute, leaving you staring at a blank, hopeless screen that cannot connect to the Internet.” - Slate
Upgrade to Pocket Premium for a more powerful Pocket experience ($4.99 monthly, $44.99 annually):
• Permanent Library to keep a personal backup of what you save
• Full-Text searching to find anything in your list
• Suggested Tags to get organized fast.
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. To end a subscription, disable auto-renewal and allow the current period to end. It will not be possible to immediately cancel a subscription. Refunds are not available for unused portions of a subscription.
Pocket Terms of Service: http://getpocket.com/tos
BuzzFeed – Tasty, News, Q...
BuzzFeed – Tasty, News, Q...
BuzzFeed has it all: the stories and quizzes buzzing on social, the news you want now, and the recipes and life tips you didn’t know you needed.
• Never be bored again with the best mix of Videos, News, Quizzes, and Lists
• Watch your favorite BuzzFeed shows like Tasty, Try Guys, and Violet
• Use the Explore tab to dive into your favorite topics like Food, Celeb, Animals, DIY, and more
• Use the Trending section to see what stories are about to go viral
• One tap to share stories with Email, Messages, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and more
• Share individual images and videos from within stories. Just tap the image for options!
• Bookmark posts you want to come back to and sync them with all your devices
• Get push notifications for trending stories so you’re always in the loop
• Comment on a post or click the reaction button to share your opinion
If you have any trouble with your app please email us at [email protected] so we can help!
And don’t forget to check out BuzzFeed.com when you’re on your laptop!
Google News & Weather
by Google, Inc.
Google News & Weather
Your comprehensive and personalized view of headline stories and local news & weather.
° Coverage from 75,000 publications
◦ Instant-load read experience with AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages)
◦ Headlines carousel - quickly browse headlines, tap to read, swipe to read next. iPhone, iPad only. iOS 9 and up only.
° Simple swipe-access to categories such as Top Stories, Technology, Sports & Weather
° Tune your layout with any of 60 country-specific editions and personalized news sections such as ‘Hollywood’, ‘NASA’, ‘Fashion’, or anything else that catches your fancy
° Tap any story for a deep selection of viewpoints, including in-depth articles, Opinion, and local perspectives
RT News (Russia Today)
RT News (Russia Today)
This is the official RT News application.
RT news - find out what the mainstream media is keeping silent about.
RT is a 24/7 English-language news channel. We are set to show you how any story can be another story altogether. Broadcasting over six continents and 100 countries, our coverage focuses on international headlines, giving an innovative angle set to challenge viewers worldwide.
The channel is government-funded but shapes its editorial policy free from political and commercial influence. Our dedicated team of news professionals unites young talent and household names in the world of broadcast journalism.
We're here to bring you another story.
by FOX News Digital
With the Fox News universal app for iPhone and iPad follow dynamic, real-time reporting from Fox News! Get comprehensive coverage of the day’s hottest stories with Fox News alerts, Fair and Balanced headlines, live streaming video through Fox News Go, vibrant photo galleries, and the latest video clips from your favorite shows on demand!
Live Video & Clips
• With Fox News Go, watch 24/7 live Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network anytime, anywhere*
• View streaming coverage of live events and exclusive programming available only online
• Browse the latest headlines while watching Fox News live coverage and clips on demand
• Adjust the player size to you preference – go full screen by flipping your phone into landscape or shrink it down to audio only.
• iPad only: Watch Fox News Channel in full screen or minimize and move to any corner of the screen while you read the top stories. Watch it your way
Breaking News & Alerts
• Subscribe to Fox News Alerts to follow breaking news as it happens
• Keep an eye on the Breaking News Hub to stay up to date on a story as it unfolds
Enhanced News Format
• Articles now offer related content – view videos, slideshows, and lists for the news that matters to you
• View the latest videos from the #1 cable news shows and anchors on Fox News Channel
• Connect with your favorite shows and news personalities on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and more directly from the app
Apple Watch App
• Scan the headlines in entertainment, politics, tech and more.
• Save stories to read them later.
• Share stories on Facebook and Twitter.
• Receive Fox News Breaking News alerts on your watch.
New! iPad exclusive features:
The News Desk
• The News Desk is your customized Fox News experience!
• Personalize it with the information you care about most, including topics, shows, and tweets.
• Browse Fox News headlines faster!
• Easily activate Reader Mode in Settings to quickly scan the latest Fox News stories.
* An authorized pay TV subscription is required in order to watch live FOX News Channel and FOX Business Network.
We may work with mobile advertising companies and other similar entities that help deliver advertisements tailored to your interests. For more information about such advertising practices, and to opt-out in mobile apps, see http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. You may also download the App Choices app at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices/.
One of Apple's Favorite "Great Free iPhone Apps"
The ultimate NPR experience for your iPhone or iPod Touch. Follow local and national news and listen to your favorite NPR stations wherever you are and whenever you want to.
With the NPR News iPhone app, NPR is always on.
- Listen to NPR’s hourly news updates
- Create a playlist of stories
- Hear public radio podcasts on demand
- Read stories while listening to live stations or on demand audio
- Bookmark your favorite stations
- Find stations by location (GPS) or zip code
- Our program guide tells you where your favorite programs are playing live now
- Listen to Morning Edition, All Things Considered, Planet Money, Fresh Air, Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me! and more – anytime, anywhere
Thank you, as always, for supporting public radio.
by BBC Worldwide
The BBC News brings you the latest, breaking news from our trusted global network of journalists.
My News is a newly introduced feature allowing you to personalise your news offering.
Add topics wherever you see the + icon for a quick route straight to the stories you care about.
Stories from topics you add will appear in your personalised My News feed. Here you can order stories by topic or time, and use the Manage Topics screen to stay on top of the news of the day.
You can also switch the My News by Topic screen to a more traditional carousel view from the Settings screen.
Find content fast
The app can suggest topics based on stories you’ve recently viewed and what’s in the news now.
And you can quickly find topics that interest you using the Topic Search. Choose from the familiar list of BBC News indexes such as Business, Technology, Entertainment and Health, or search for your own subjects of interest, whether they’re people, places, things or themes.
More of the news you care about
We now offer a fuller selection of stories from the newsroom, including:
- Most Read and Most Watched. Keep on top of popular stories across the BBC, regularly updated throughout the day
- Live BBC World Service Radio. Expertise and insight from our journalists available 24-hours a day and ready to listen to in the background as you browse
- Read the best journalism from BBC correspondents
- Access to our full range of video and audio
- Photo galleries and full-screen images
Apple Watch Support:
Story summaries, glanceable headlines and breaking news alerts delivered straight to your wrist
- Push notifications for breaking news stories
- Video over cellular and wifi
- Improved offline experience. Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them at your leisure
- Viewing modes. On iPhone see more stories per index by choosing ‘Compact layout’ from the Settings screen
- Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
- Share stories to your social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
- Support for dynamic text. The app will respect the font size in your device settings so you can increase or decrease the story text size as suits your preference
- Related stories, related topics. Go deeper into a storyline with suggestions for further reading and viewing and a range of topics related to each story
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by ProcessOne on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed. The BBC will keep your information secure and not share it with anyone else in accordance with the BBC’s Privacy and Cookies Policy, available at http://www.bbc.com/privacy/
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications from your device’s Notifications screen: locate the BBC News app icon from the list and turn off ‘Allow Notifications’.
by Guardian News and Media Limited
Get the whole picture the whole time with the free Guardian app.
Specially crafted for iPhone, iPad, and now Apple Watch, this app brings you breaking news and full access to all of the Guardian's award-winning content. Tailor your home screen with the sections that matter most to you, follow your favourite writers and stories for personal alerts, keep reading when you're offline, save content for as long as you like, and get personal, compelling content at any time on your Apple Watch.
• Stay up to date with live news and sport
• Enjoy the full range of Guardian content, beautifully designed for iPad and iPhone
• Keep reading offline
• Make it yours by choosing the sections and topics that appear on your home screen
• Be informed with breaking news alerts on your iPhone, iPad, and optimised for Apple Watch
• Follow your favourite stories, series, writers and football teams for personal notifications
• Browse award-winning audio, video and interactive content, as well as full-screen galleries, with stunning Retina-quality images
• Save any content you want to keep
• Read comments on articles and share your own thoughts
• Search by keyword, topic, series, section, or contributor
• Upgrade to the premium tier for our daily crosswords, specially curated content, extracts from Guardian Books, and an advert-free experience
Please note: this app is totally free to use. If you choose to upgrade to the premium tier - £2.49 / $2.99 (USD) a month or local equivalent - your payment can be taken immediately and processed by Apple.
• Terms and conditions: http://www.theguardian.com/help/terms-of-service
Newsify: Your News, Blog ...
by Ben Alexander
Newsify: Your News, Blog ...
Read and share your favorite websites and blogs with an amazing newspaper-like layout.
Featured by Apple as "New and Noteworthy" and "What's Hot" in over 100 countries!
• All of your news, blogs and RSS feeds in one free reader app!
• Sync with Feedly or use without an account and sync with iCloud
• Newspaper-like article list and traditional table list available (thumbnails displayed when available)
• Background syncing with notifications
• Offline reading including image caching
• Unread articles widget (requires iOS 10)
• View and save images by tapping-and-holding image
• Night mode (automatic/manual, enabled in settings)
• Themes (light, sepia, gray)
• In-app Safari view (see Open Links setting)
• Readability view (pinch out in the article view or enable swipe in Article Browser settings)
• Article search (pull down subscription list for search bar)
• Multiple accounts
• Full screen article reading (tap text to toggle)
• Full screen original web page browser (two finger tap to toggle)
• Pull to move between articles
• Pull to refresh article list
• Show only unread folders/subscriptions or all
• Show all articles or just unread
• Sort by newest or oldest first
• Mark previous & all as read
• Tap-and-hold to mark read and toggle starred
• Option to mark read while scrolling & pull up to mark all as read (enable in settings)
• Landscape view
• Fully customizable sync
• Add and edit subscriptions
• Add custom feed URLs (enter URLs in feed search box and tap Search)
• Automatically sync on start
• Share articles with many popular services: Facebook, Twitter, Buffer, Delicious, Evernote, Google+, Instapaper, LinkedIn, Pinboard, Pinterest, Pocket, Readability and Tumblr
• Email articles or links, copy links or open the original web page in the app or in Safari or Chrome
• View original articles with Readability and Google mobilizers
• Browse individual subscriptions contained in a folder (tap-and-hold folders or tap gray circle icon on right side of folder entry)
GET MORE WITH NEWSIFY PREMIUM
Newsify is free to download and use. Newsify Premium unlocks these amazing features. Try it free for 7 days!
• Automatic Full Text: Get full text automatically for most partial feeds and save for offline reading
• More Images: Get more high-res images for feeds with small or no images
• Search Full Text: Search the full text of partial feeds not just the preview
• Priority Support: Be first in line to get all of your questions answered
– To start your trial: Select Premium in settings and tap "Start free trial"
Newsify Premium is $2.99 USD per month or $29.99 USD per year and may vary depending on your location. If you choose to purchase Newsify Premium, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase.