Mixvibes is a well-known name when it comes to DJ-oriented software. This company is known for pioneering once desktop-only software and transferring it to ever-growing mobile platforms.
After releasing their DJ software called Cross DJ 3.0, which can be used to record sound and music across multiple platforms, the company has now released an app that can be used to remix those sounds live. The app is called Remixlive, and it can be downloaded from the iOS App Store. Continue reading to learn more about this interesting app.
Remixlive is an iOS app for instant remixing, with support for synced loops, sounds, and effects. As it can be seen from the screenshots, the app presents a grid of sounds and effects using pads, which can be easily combined with each other.
Loops, sounds, and effects can be found in the main view, where a user has different options when it comes to their activation. Different elements can be played with a tap on the screen, while there is also the swiping gesture for activating a number of similar effects.
However, there is one important difference when it comes to this app’s iPhone and iPad versions. While DJs can find 48 pads on iPads, there are only 24 pads on iPhones.
Nonetheless, it seems like there are unlimited ways to combine different samples. The application packs 16 sample packs (totaling at 48 samples), including beats, basslines, vocals, and more. By editing these samples and by adding their own, DJs can record music live.
Differently from similar apps, this one comes with a multiple play mode, which allows different samples to be played at the same time.
Since each column of pads comes with a level fader and filter knob, DJs have more creativity with their music. By switching to another view, an XY grid can be accessed with tools used to delay, filter, flanger, and reverb.
As it can be seen from the images, there is also an option to use a microphone connected to an iOS device. This way, DJs can record any sound and mix it into their creations. Each newly added sample can be transposed as well, thanks to Remixlive’s high-quality limiter.
What is also important to be highlighted is that this app can record sets in a high quality AAC format. The app comes with its own music player, where DJs can preview their music and make further adjustments. Once finished, the music can be sent via email in case of smaller sets, or iTunes can be used to export larger files.
Mixvibes has done a great job, once again. I am sure we will get to see DJs incorporating their iOS devices into their workflows soon enough.
Remixlive is the first application of its kind that really pushes DJs towards their iOS devices. In addition, your iPad or iPhone can now be used in combination with a desktop app, which is what makes this app more capable than any standalone solution.
Remixlive can be downloaded free of charge from the iOS App Store, and it comes as a universal download. There are several in-app purchase packs at the moment, which fully unlock the app once purchased. Some of these are: import samples, unlimited record, and transpose feature. Still, the app comes fully functional in its trial (free) version, and it can be used to preview its capabilities prior to making any investments.
Remixlive - Remix loops w...
Remixlive - Remix loops w...
The essential app for instant remixing, powered by pro samples. Remix music with synced loops, sounds & FX.
"A very intuitive and valid way to make professional-sounding tracks on portable devices" - DJ Mag
"Standalone apps that deliver control and flexibility come seldomly, which is why Remixlive is a breath of fresh air" - DJTechTools
"I could probably keep a crowd happy for an hour just with the supplied Deep House samples" - DJ Worx
Mixvibes, the pioneer of digital DJing, introduces the perfect remix toolbox: lay down samples on a grid of pads and tweak them in seconds. Don't have any production hardware? Remixlive is all you need to turn ideas into high-quality tracks.
Want to create unique songs? Record live input through the device's microphone and capture any sound, voice or instrument. Fine-tune your samples like in a DAW production software by editing their length and envelope (ADSR). Play several samples per column in multiple mode to create rich and layered sounds.
Remixlive is optimized for live performance: change the tempo, adjust samples' tone or play them in reverse mode, all in real time!
/// PRO-SOUNDING SAMPLES
• Grid: 24 pads on iPhone, 48 on iPad.
• 48 samples per pack: beats, basslines, melodies, vocals and FX samples.
• 18 sample packs, ranging from Hip-Hop to Dubstep - and more to come.
• Artist pack by legendary DJ/producer Carl Cox and more to be added.
• Create new packs by mixing and matching samples from existing packs.
• Colored pads: choose among 16 colors to customize your grid.
/// REMIX TOOLBOX
• Instant FX pad: Delay, Filter, Flanger, Reverb, and many more.
• Control levels, filters, Mute and Solo on each channel.
• Professional-sounding three-band EQ on each channel (iPad only).
• Loop your track using the different beat-repeat pads, from 2 bars down to a single beat.
• Live BPM control (time stretching): change the tempo on the fly without changing the pitch.
• Ableton Link: sync Remixlive with Cross DJ Pro, any Link-compatible iOS apps or with Ableton Live.
• Multiple Mode: play several pads per column simultaneously.
• Trigger an entire line of samples at once with a simple swipe across the screen.
• Record your performance in high-quality AAC audio.
• Share your recordings via email & SoundCloud, or open them in other apps.
• Inter-App (node) & Audiobus (input master): send Remixlive's audio to other music apps.
/// EDIT SAMPLES
• Edit Play mode (loop, one-shot, gate), Quantize, Gain, ADSR, Pan, Loop Division, Reverse.
• New Retrigger mode: tap on a sample to replay it from the beginning.
• Import your own samples directly from your iTunes library (WAV, AAC, M4A, AIFF, 16/24 bits, 32 seconds max).
• Record any sound or voice through the device's mic or from any iOS-compatible microphone or sound card.
• Load, move and duplicate any sample, anywhere on the grid.
• Transpose: raise or lower the tone of your samples.
• Audio limiter: avoid saturation.
• Search all samples or browse samples by category: Packs, Loops, Sounds or User.
And, last but not least, the app is universal: buy In-App Purchases once and use them on both your iPad and your iPhone.
Click the Gallery for more screens or the Info for additional information.