Hungry Shark is a well-known title to everyone who likes to browse and download games from different App Stores. Released back in 2010 and developed by Future Games of London, this game managed to achieve massive popularity.
One interesting fact is that the original game was downloaded 230 million times. This is why it’s wasn’t that surprising when Ubisoft acquired the franchise. In the meantime, we have seen several titles that didn’t stray away from the original.
A couple of days ago, the newest Hungry Shark iteration hit various App Stores. Named Hungry Shark World, the newest version managed to stay true to the original game even though it has been updated with new features and an overhauled visual style.
The premise of the game is very simple. You play as a very hungry shark, so naturally you need to eat as much as possible.
You can eat your way through marine life such as fish and turtles, but you can also go for tourists and even military. Time is against you, so you have to keep your eye on the clock while hunting for prey.
The biggest addition to Hungry Shark World are three new worlds to explore. These are called Pacific Islands, Arctic Ocean, and Arabian Sea. Each of the available worlds come with different visuals, new enemies, and enhanced gameplay mechanics.
It is expected that more worlds will be added in the future, which can be seen by taking a look at the game’s world map. Until that happens, you will have a lot to go through since the available worlds bring a vast of amount of content.
Aside from new worlds, there are numerous other enhancements and new features. There are 17 different shark species to choose from, but you will have to play smart and hard in order to unlock some of the bigger sharks. Furthermore, there are all kinds of comedic customization options for your character. For example, you can put a waxed-up moustache, a crown, or even a jet-pack.
Some of these customizations are necessary, while others are completely optional. Even further, there are all kinds of companions to unlock. This means that a squid can now follow your shark and help with capturing a different type of prey.
What also needs to be mentioned is that Hungry Shark World comes with greatly improved visuals. In case you have a flagship smartphone model, you can take advantage of real-like physics and particle effects. However, the game runs just fine on all smartphone models.
Hungry Shark World is free to play, but employs freemium monetization method. Since the game is powered by in-game currency in form of coins and gems, there are different ways to earn them. This can be done by playing the game, watching video ads, or by purchasing packs of coins and gems. There is no energy meter or waiting periods, which seems refreshing for a freemium title.
Hungry Shark World is a comedic action-packed title that I am sure will find its way to those of you who like underwater adventures. The game can be downloaded from the iOS App Store if you use an iOS device (it comes as a universal download), as well as from Google Play Store for those of you who use Android.
Hungry Shark World
Hungry Shark World
The stunning sequel to Hungry Shark™ Evolution is here! The Sharks are back, and this time they are taking on the entire WORLD!
THIS GAME IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH iPhone 5 or later, iPad Mini 2 or later, iPad 3 or later, iPad Air or later and iPod 6th generation or later.
Take control of a very Hungry Shark in this action packed aquatic adventure. Survive as long as possible by eating everything that gets in your way!
Number 1 app on iPhone and iPad in over 100 countries!
• Console quality, 3D graphics
• 21 shark species in 7 different size tiers to collect. Play as sharks spanning the nimble Hammerhead shark, up to the iconic Great White Shark!
• Rise through the ranks of the food chain and level up your jawsome pal to bite harder, swim faster and grow HUNGRY…er!
• 3 beautiful, huge free-roaming worlds to explore: Pacific Island, a lush, sun-drenched tourist hot spot. Arctic Ocean, a frozen wasteland, home to a secret military base and heavily guarded testing facility. And the Arabian Sea, a rich and vibrant, if not, industrial landscape.
• 20 different mission types to master including high scores, specific prey hunts and survival!
• 100’s of enemies and prey to consume: whales, submarines and locals, BEWARE!
• Equip your sharks with stylish Accessories and special Gadgets; no shark is complete without headphones, umbrella and a freakin’ laser beam!
• Unlock a variety of Pets to boost your predatory powers. baby sharks, octopus and even a feisty turtle are all happy to help in your adventure.
• Combo bonuses, Gold rush and MEGA GOLD RUSH to boost your hi-scores.
• Find all Hungry Letters to trigger the insane Super Size PowerUp!
• Game Centre, 3D touch and Apple Replay Kit enabled
• Use Facebook to synchronise your progress across your iOS devices
Hungry Shark World is regularly updated with new features, content and challenges to keep you coming back for more!
This app contains In-App Purchases which allow you to buy Gems and Gold currency which can be spent on upgrades and accessories. Gems and Gold can also be collected in game without requiring purchases.
Hungry Shark World is available in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Brazilian-Portuguese, Turkish, Russian, Korean, Japanese, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.
This game contains advertising.
Advertising is disabled if you make any purchase.
Like the game on Facebook for the latest news: www.facebook.com/HungrySharkWorld
Follow us on Twitter: @Hungry_Shark
Or Youtube: http://youtube.com/FutureGamesOfLondon
Play more Ubisoft games at: http://appstore.com/ubisoft
And join our community!
Any Feedback? Contact: http://support.ubi.com
Need support? Contact: http://support.ubi.com
Click the Gallery for more screens or the Info for additional information.
Grab it from Google Play: